Integrated Strategic Plan
- Innovation: We seek creative ways to solve problems.
- Collaboration: We believe teamwork is the best way to work.
- Accountability: We behave ethically, act openly and with integrity in all that we do, taking responsibility for our actions.
- Respect: We honor diversity and recognize the worth and dignity of every person.
- Excellence: We strive to achieve excellence in all that we do.
Our Mission: Changing Medicine. Changing Lives.
University of Iowa Health Care is changing medicine through pioneering discovery, innovative interprofessional education, delivery of superb clinical care, and an extraordinary patient experience in a multidisciplinary, collaborative, team-based environment; and changing lives, preventing and curing disease, improving health and well-being, assuring access to care for people in Iowa and throughout the world.
Our Vision: World Class People. World Class Medicine.
- World Class People. Building on our greatest strength.
- World Class Medicine. Creating a new standard of excellence in integrated patient care, research, and education.
- For Iowa and the World. Making a difference in quality of life and health for generations to come.
Our Three-Year Strategic Goals:
- Clinical Quality and Service: Provide world class healthcare and service to optimize health for everyone.
- Research: Advance world class discovery through excellence and innovation in biomedical and health services research.
- Education: Develop world class health professionals and scientists through excellent, innovative and humanistic educational curricula for learners at every stage.
- People: Foster a culture of excellence that values, engages and enables our workforce.
- Diversity: Create an environment of inclusion where individual differences are respected and all feel welcome.
- Growth and Finance: Optimize a performance-driven business model that assures financial success.