Oncology Social Work services are available, free of charge, to help you cope with your cancer diagnosis and the impact that this diagnosis may have. Cancer effects many parts of your life; emotional, spiritual, and physical. In addition, Oncology Social Workers can assist you with:
- Referrals to community resources
- Home Health Care and Hospice
- Nursing Home placement and Assisted Living placement options
- Financial assistance options
- Assistance understanding cancer and your treatment plans and how it will impact your work, family, and other aspects of your daily life.
- Advance care planning (Advance Directives)
- Support for you and your family members
Please ask your nurse or doctor to arrange a meeting with a social worker, contact the Department of Social Services at 319-356-2207, or call the Cancer Clinic at 800-237-1225.