Hearing a cancer diagnosis can leave you with many questions and concerns. The American Cancer Society is committed to providing a support system that meets your needs during your cancer journey.
The Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center has partnered with the American Cancer Society to offer you and your family easy access to programs and services through a patient Navigator from the American Cancer Society. In addition, the patient navigator will help you ‘navigate’ the healthcare system, find local or national resources for managing cancer treatment and recovery, and offer you support.
Available programs include:
- Road to Recovery℠: A program that offers assistance with rides to medical appointments for cancer patient in active treatment by trained volunteers. Check if your area is accessible to our volunteers or call 800-227-2345
- Hope Lodge® and Other Lodging Resources: Offers free lodging for qualified cancer patients while they receive cancer care. In addition, a number of free/reduced rate rooms available at local motels for patients being treated for cancer.
- Look Good Feel Better®: Teaches cancer patients techniques to restore appearance and improve self-image during chemotherapy and radiation treatments.
- Reach to Recovery®: Trained breast cancer survivors provide one-on-one support and education to individuals dealing with the emotional and physical effects of breast cancer.
- tlc™ Magazine and Catalog: Supports women dealing with hair loss and other physical effects of cancer treatments by providing wigs and other hair loss products, how-to information, and mastectomy products.