The CRU is an in-house registered nurse float pool for the adult patient population. This “virtual unit” is divided into five teams. Nurses choose a team based on their expertise, experience, and preferences. The unit emphasizes flexibility and adaptability.
- Team 1: includes all of the critical care units: Cardiovascular ICU, Medical ICU, Surgical ICU, and Respiratory Specialty Care Unit (RSCU).
- Team 2: includes the monitored step-down units: Neurosciences, Medical Cardiology, Thoracic and Cardiac Surgery, Burn/Trauma, and RSCU.
- Team 3: includes the cancer care units: Surgical Oncology, Medical Oncology, Palliative Care, and Adult Bone Marrow Transplant.
- Team 4: includes the general medical and surgical units: Transplant and General Surgery, Neurology, Orthopedics and Urology, General Medicine, and Medical Psychiatry.
- Team 5: includes the behavioral health units: Pediatric and Adolescent, Geriatric, Eating Disorders, General Psychiatry, and Medical Psychiatry.