Douglas E. Laux, MD, Director
200 Hawkins Dr.
Iowa City, IA 52242
The Cancer Clinical Research Services provides administrative services and data management to all members of The Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center who conduct clinical studies. These clinical trials are conducted to answer specific scientific questions about new ways to prevent, diagnose, detect, and treat cancer.
The Cancer Clinical Research Services is designed to facilitate the conduct of high quality clinical and translational cancer research.
The Cancer Clinical Research Services is composed of dedicated staff with expertise in protocol management and study coordination and provides investigators with services including:
- Routing of protocols through the University of Iowa IRB, Western IRB, or Quorum and the appropriate internal regulatory committees.
- Providing expertise in coordination of clinical trial activities (recruitment of patients, determining eligibility, obtaining consent, scheduling procedures, coordinating patient care needs, managing data collection).
- Serving as liaison to pharmaceutical companies, governmental regulatory agencies and other outside vendors.
- Budget writing and billing.
- Assisting investigators with annual reviews, protocol modifications and reporting of adverse events.
- Providing assistance with collection and processing blood and tissue samples for translational research.
- Providing support for Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center investigator initiated trials, NCI sponsored trials, consortium trials, and industry sponsored trials.
- Listing of all current clinical trials on the Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center Share Point website.
- A complete listing of current trials with information on eligibility criteria through OnCore's searchable clinical trials database.
Contacts:Carlie Etscheidt, RN, MSNAssistant Director for Administration, Clinical Research Services319email@example.com
Marian Andersen, MA
Manager, Clinical Trials Regulatory
Mary Schall, RN
Manager, Clinical and Data Management