The UI Hospitals and Clinics Dialysis Program offers a variety of treatment options for patients with kidney failure.
We currently provide outpatient hemodialysis six days a week at our UI center in Iowa City. We provide outpatient dialysis three days a week in Grinnell, Muscatine, North Liberty and Washington, Iowa.
The University of Iowa Dialysis Service also has one of the longest running home dialysis training programs in the country. Since the 1970s our program has trained many patients to successfully perform hemodialysis or peritoneal dialysis in their homes, giving patients with renal failure more independence and flexibility.
We currently provide training for the following modalities:
- Daily home hemodialysis (4-6 times per week for 2-3 hours per session)
- Conventional home hemodialysis (3 times a week)
- Nocturnal dialysis (5 times per week, 6-8 hours per night)
- CAPD (continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis)
- CCPD (continuous cyclic peritoneal dialysis)
Please contact us at 319-356-4003 for more information about our Home Dialysis program.
To refer a new or transient patient for dialysis, please call 319-356-2723.