The performing arts component of Project Art was created to offer diversion and stimulation through music, dance, and theater. Project Art schedules more than 60 performances each year. Audience size varies, ranging from 50 to 200 people.
Many Project Art performances take place during the noon hour to attract staff and visitors during lunch breaks. Other performance times can be arranged.
Each winter, Project Art coordinates performances for the Festival of World Cultures, a month-long program featuring cultures and religions from around the world.
Upcoming 2015 Festival of World Cultures Performances
All performances will be held in the John W. Colloton Atrium (Elevator F, Level 1)
- Tuesday, December 1: Nathanael Filippelli, piano recital, works by Mozart, Berg and Schumann (12:00 p.m.)
- Thursday, December 3 : Kevin Burt, Rhythm & Blues (12:00 p.m.)
- Friday, December 4: Salaam, Middle Eastern Musical Performance (12:00 p.m.)
- Thursday, December 10: Mount Vernon Concert Choir (12:00 p.m.)
- Friday, December 11: Wood Intermediate Choir (12:00 p.m.)
- Saturday, December 12: Preucil School Cellos (4 - 5 p.m.)
- Tuesday, December 15: Faculty Staff Orchestra Concert and Hallelujah Sing Along (12:00 p.m.)
- Wednesday, December 16: Heartbeats Choir (12:30 - 1:30 p.m.)
- Thursday, December 17: Maxwell Street Klezmer Band (12:00 p.m.)
- Friday, December 18: Heritage Christian School (9 - 10 a.m.)
- Saturday, December 19: Christine Bellomy Clarinets (3:30 - 4:30 p.m.)
- Monday, December 21: Faculty Staff Jazz Band (12:00 p.m.)
In addition, during the summer months, Project Art hosts a performance series called Summer Concert Series, which is sponsored by Volunteer Services. These weekly events are held on the Rooftop Terrace located outside the Patient and Visitor Activities Center on the 8th Floor of Carver Pavilion (weather permitting).
If you are interested in performing at UI Hospitals and Clinics, please contact Mark Bernat, Project Art Performing Arts Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or at phone number: 319-384-8068.