The Department of Social Service's mission seeks to improve patients' and families' abilities to obtain maximum benefit from health care resources by:
- Serving patients/families, throughout the health care continuum, who are vulnerable and who need assistance with financial resources, utilizing community resources, or with personal/family issues;
- Providing interdisciplinary leadership and promoting collaboration to continually improve discharge planning and continuity of care services;
- Fostering partnerships with community health and human service providers;
- Advocating for health care policy and legislation that recognizes and accommodates the need for affordable, accessible, and patient-centered health care;
- Training the next generation of social work clinicians.