Kidney and Pancreas Transplant
When it comes to your choice for care in receiving a kidney or pancreas transplant, the University of Iowa Organ Transplant Center offers many benefits for adult and pediatric patients. In addition to our longstanding record of excellent patient outcomes and our commitment to your health, the University of Iowa kidney and pancreas transplant services offer:
- A multidisciplinary transplant team
- Coordinated care and communication with your referring physicians
- Streamlined evaluation requiring only one visit to UI Hospitals and Clinics
- Quick decision for transplant readiness and shorter wait times for organ
- Lifelong post-transplant monitoring and care
Based on the most recent group of transplants reported, our three-year graft survival rate for all kidney transplants—both living donors and deceased donors—was 90%, which is 4.25 points higher than the national average of 85.75 percent. Since 2009, the one-year adult patient survival rate for our pancreas transplants has been 100 percent.
Source: Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients
Every member of our multidisciplinary team specializes in transplant care. Each one brings years of expertise to your transplant case.
- Transplant Surgeons
- Transplant Physicians
- Clinical Psychologist
- Physicians Assistants
- Nurse Coordinators
- Social Workers
- Financial Coordinators
- Why Choose Iowa?
- Areas of Expertise
- Patient Stories
- The Transplant Process
Thank you for your feedback!