Clinic visits, prompt diagnosis and close follow-up provide the best results in heart failure. Staff members follow patients in both inpatient and outpatient settings to provide consistent, high-quality care that leads to improved patient satisfaction.
How the Clinic Works
- Cardiologists and cardiac surgeons evaluate newly referred patients to detect reversible forms of ventricular dysfunction and outline optimal treatment strategies.
- Nurse coordinators assist in the initial evaluation, coordinate individualized care plans, and provide education in health monitoring techniques for patients and families.
- Dietitians provide nutrition intervention, education and follow-up
- Pharmacists review medications and monitor patients closely for side effects and drug interactions.
- Physical therapists create individualized programs for physical rehabilitation.
- Social workers provide interventions to maximize the patient and family psychosocial environment.
- Physicians and nursing coordinators are available 24 hours a day, to assist patients and referring physicians with the most current diagnostic and treatment information available.
Physician, Internal Medicine