If your insurance plan is not accepted at UIHC , or if you do not have insurance “a self-pay patient”, a financial counselor can meet with you prior to scheduling your appointment.
Your financial counselor will:
- Prepare an estimated cost of services for you.
- Estimates may not represent the full scope of charges that you actually incur.
- Request a deposit for 100% of the estimated cost of the services.
- If the deposit turns out to be more than your final bill, you will be refunded once the insurance balance has been settled. If there was no insurance involved, we will refund your money once all charges have been totaled.
- Discuss whether you are eligible for government assistance or another financial assistance program.