- National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders
- National Eating Disorders Association
- National Alliance on Mental Illness
- National Institute of Mental Health
- Eating Disorders - Resources for Recovery Since 1980
- Eating Disorder Survival Guide for Family and Friends
- Empowered Parents
- Something Fishy
- Reviving Ophelia by Mary Pipher, PhD Balantine Books, 1994.
- The Body Betrayed: Women, Eating Disorders, and Treatment by Kathryn J. Zerbe, MD American Psychiatric Association Press, Inc. 1993.
- Making Weight: Men's Conflicts with Food Weight, Shape & Appearance by Arnold Andersen, MD, Leigh Cohn, M.A.T. and Thomas Holbrook, MD Gürze Books. 2000.
- Eating Disorder Program: A Guide to Medical Care and Complication by Philip S. Mehler, MD and Arnold E. Andersen, MD The Johns Hopkins University Press. 2000
University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics staff are available to speak to groups on eating disorders. For more information, call 319-356-2263.