Medicare is health insurance for people who:
- Are age 65 or older
- Are under the age of 65 with certain disabilities
- Have End Stage Renal Disease
Different Parts provide coverage for specific types of services:
- Medicare Part A (Hospital Insurance)
- Part A covers inpatient hospital stays, care in a skilled nursing facility, hospice care, and some home health care.
- Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance)
- Part B covers certain doctors' services, outpatient care, medical supplies, and preventive services.
- Medicare Part C
- A Medicare Advantage Plan is a type of Medicare health plan offered by a private company that contracts with Medicare to provide you with all your Part A and Part B benefits. Medicare Advantage Plans include Health Maintenance Organizations, Preferred Provider Organizations, Private Fee-for-Service Plans, Special Needs Plans, and Medicare Medical Savings Account Plans. If you're enrolled in a Medicare Advantage Plan, Medicare services are covered through the plan and aren't paid for under Original Medicare. Most Medicare Advantage Plans offer prescription drug coverage.
- Medicare Part D
- Part D adds prescription drug coverage to Original Medicare, some Medicare Cost Plans, some Medicare Private-Fee-for-Service Plans, and Medicare Medical Savings Account Plans. These plans are offered by insurance companies and other private companies approved by Medicare. Medicare Advantage Plans may also offer prescription drug coverage that follows the same rules as Medicare Prescription Drug Plans.
If you are experiencing financial hardship, please contact our financial counselors at 319-384-6275 to arrange to meet with one of our financial counselors to discuss options such as a payment plan or government/financial assistance. You can also visit our office in Pomerantz pavillion.