Our rehabilitation services provide a full range of therapy options from certified and experienced therapists. Our interdisciplinary teams of therapy specialists work with people recovering from stroke, heart attack, bone and muscle injuries.
- Our Sports Medicine Clinic offers rehabilitation services to the casual and the serious athlete.
- Several of our therapy staff members hold a faculty appointment in the UI Carver College of Medicine. In 2010, U.S. News & World Report ranked the college's physical therapy program fifth among all universities nationally.
- Our Child Life program, established in 1976, is the oldest such program in Iowa. Certified child life specialists provide care tailored to the needs of each child and their family members.
- Three board-certified music therapists work closely with other members of the medical and Rehabilitation Therapies team to enhance the quality of life for all patients.
- Occupational therapy can prevent injury or the worsening of existing conditions or disabilities. Because of this, occupational therapy keeps health care costs down and maximizes the quality of life for the individual, their family and other caregivers.
- UI Hospitals and Clinics is one of the few medical centers in Iowa that offers certified therapeutic recreation specialists who play a vital role in enhancing the quality of life for their patients.