UI Hospitals and Clinics is ranked 15th nationally in the 2012 US News & World Report rankings for orthopedics. We provide the most complete bone and joint health services in Iowa. Physicians from across the Midwest refer patients to the University of Iowa because of our comprehensive array of services, our multidisciplinary approach and our state-of-the-art facilities.
- U.S.News & World Report ranked UI Children's Hospital 24th in the nation in orthopedics for children's care (2010).
- Ranked by Becker's Hospital Review as one of 25 Hospitals With Great Orthopedic and Spine Programs (2009).
- The orthopedics department sees more than 50,000 patients in its clinics each year and performs more than 5,000 orthopedic operations per year.
- The University of Iowa is where Dr. Ignacio V. Ponseti developed the Ponseti technique, which has become the most widely practiced method for initial treatment of infants born with clubfeet.
Physicians from Bone and Joint Health listed among America's Best Doctors
- John Albright, MD
- Annunziato (Ned) Amendola, MD
- Joseph Buckwalter IV, MD (also UI Children's Hospital)
- John Callaghan, MD
- Charles Clark, MD
- John Femino, MD
- John Marsh, MD
- Todd McKinley, MD
- James Nepola, MD
- Joseph Smucker, MD
- Brian Wolf, MD
Academic Departments that Provide Bone and Joint Health Care