As the only academic medical center in a state with one of the largest populations of seniors in the country, UI Hospitals and Clinics has a long history of helping seniors lead longer, happier and healthier lives. We have a robust research program examining both the causes and treatments for diseases and conditions that affect aging Americans. We also serve as a resource for seniors, their families and community agencies that work on behalf of seniors. The result is one of the best senior health centers in the world.
- Named a High Performing Program by U.S. News & World Report (2014).
- Multidisciplinary teams from across UI Health Care focus on senior health from prevention to rehabilitation.
- The UI Center on Aging is a state and national resource for seniors and agencies.
- The UI's Seniors Together in Aging Research (STAR) registry facilitates the inclusion of older adults in human subject research.
- The UI Geriatric Education Center brings together the UI's health colleges and other diverse resources for developing programs in geriatric education.