Because each birth is unique, we’ve created a maternity program that combines comfort and convenience with everything that mom and baby need to be safe. We offer an unmatched array of providers dedicated to your well-being and that of your baby. Selecting the person who will guide you through the birth process can make a big difference in your satisfaction.
Our experienced obstetricians, family medicine physicians and midwives work with you to create a personalized birthing experience, whether you want pain relief administered by an anesthesiologist or a natural childbirth – we’ll happily work with your doula. And all of private birthing suites come with hotel-like amenities.
We combine caring expertise with the most innovative practices and leading-edge facilities. Our physicians and staff have extensive specialty training, which means we are prepared to handle normal vaginal deliveries as well as cesarean section deliveries; normal weight babies and babies as small as one pound.
Should extra care be needed, your baby never has to be transferred to another hospital because your birthing room is only steps away from the state’s highest ranked Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. And we have the most experienced team of obstetricians, maternal fetal medicine specialists, anesthesiologists and neonatologists in the hospital 24/7 for high risk care.
A new baby means lots of exciting new decisions to make, and choosing a primary care provider for your child is one of the most important. Download a copy of our four-page brochure outlining all our services for your new baby. You'll also receive a helpful list of phone numbers to keep on hand as your little one grows.
UI Health Care offers several options for care during your pregnancy, including services that begin with your primary care provider.
High Risk Pregnancy
Our high-risk pregnancy
experts see patients with a variety of conditions or symptoms. They collaborate with clinicians in a number of specialties to help you maintain consistent good health throughout your pregnancy.
To prepare you for childbirth, we have designed special classes to promote a healthy pregnancy and help you achieve the most rewarding and fulfilling birth experience possible. We provide excellent and comprehensive preparation, information, and support for all expectant parents and their support persons. We encourage you to attend these special classes to prepare for labor and delivery and the time afterward.
- Childbirth Preparation
- Caring for the Newborn
- Infant Safety & CPR
- Sibling Class
Labor and Delivery
For your convenience and care our labor and delivery unit features:
- 24-hour anesthesia and surgical capability
- Complete maternal-fetal monitoring
- Support for family-centered delivery
- Immediate access to Level III neonatal intensive care
- Eight labor-delivery rooms
- Two surgery suites for Cesarean-sections
- State-of-the-art fetal monitoring system
- Blood bank in close proximity
- Dedicated ultrasound room, fetal and maternal diagnosis
- A full range of labor support services to meet the individual patient needs
- Accessibility to service providers including: family medicine,
obstetrics, private obstetrics, midwives, residents, high-risk
- Antepartum/postpartum whirlpool bath
Our clinical services include:
Our mother and baby unit features:
- 28 ante/postpartum rooms
- Single-room maternity care facilities
- Accessible technology that is tastefully out of sight
- Lactation consultant services available
- Excellent childbirth and parenting education classes
- High level of security
- Internet access (in waiting rooms and individual rooms)
- Rooms that offer a home-like environment
- Custom memory foam beds in ante/postpartum rooms
- Ala carte menus available
- TV/VCR/DVD, CD player
- Refreshment area, waiting area and educational area within the unit