Choosing a primary care physician is one of the most important decisions you and your family can make. You not only need someone you feel comfortable discussing your health care with, but a partner who knows you, your needs, and can help you make the decisions that keep you and your family healthy.
Primary care services provide personal, patient-centered care that is accessible, coordinated and comprehensive for all members of the family.
Our care team members include:
- Internists who specialize in the care of adolescents and adults, focusing on the prevention and treatment of adult diseases
- Pediatricians who specialize in the care of infants, children, and adolescents and are trained to treat a broad range of afflictions for children up to 18 years old
- Family medicine physicians who specialize in caring for the whole family, including children and adults, and who are trained to provide preventive services, mental health care, maternity care, and care for a broad range of acute and chronic conditions
- Obstetricians and gynecologists who are specially trained to provide medical and surgical care to women
- Geriatricians who focus on health promotion and the prevention and treatment of disease and disability in later life
- Nurse practitioners are registered nurses with advanced, specialized training that allows them to provide physical exams, order and interpret tests, diagnose and treat illnesses, counsel and teach health and nutrition, and prescribe and manage medication therapy
- Physician assistants are health care providers licensed to conduct physical exams, diagnose and treat illnesses, order and interpret tests, counsel on preventive health care, and write prescriptions under a physician’s supervision.
Our team members take the time to get to know you and your family. We make the patient-provider relationship our top priority.
A new baby means lots of exciting new decisions to make, and choosing a primary care provider for your child is one of the most important. Download a copy of our four-page brochure outlining all our services for your new baby. You'll also receive a helpful list of phone numbers to keep on hand as your little one grows.
Services from the Department of Family Medicine are available at:
Family Care Center, Pomerantz Family Pavilion
Elevator L, Lower Level
UI Hospitals and Clinics
200 Hawkins Drive
Iowa City, Iowa 52242
Primary care services from the Department of Internal Medicine and the Department of Pediatrics are available at:
UI Hospitals and Clinics - Iowa River Landing
105 East 9th Street
Coralville, Iowa 52241
A variety of primary care services are available at the following UI Community Medical Service locations: