Parking and Wayfinding
Plan for Construction Delays
Please be aware that, due to construction, you may experience traffic delays at your upcoming visit to UI Hospitals and Clinics and UI Children's Hospital. Please plan extra time for arrival and parking.
- Download a map showing areas where traffic delays on or near Hawkins Drive are possible due to construction.
In House Directions
- See a more detailed interior map.
- If you need assistance locating a service or clinic, you may want to use our A-Z directory.
- Please note: our elevators are in alphabetical order running from north to south starting with elevator A in General Hospital through elevator M in the Pomerantz Family Pavilion.
Ramp Parking and Rates
We provide convenient parking for patients and visitors in three ramps surrounding UI Hospitals and Clinics and UI Children's Hospital. The ramps are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and parking can be paid by cash, check, MasterCard, or Visa. You can also choose valet parking for a flat fee of $12, which allows you to leave your car with an attendant at the Main Entrance or Pomerantz Family Pavilion entrance. The valet fee is paid before you leave and can be paid by cash or check, MasterCard, or Visa.
- All of our ramps have several handicapped accessible parking spaces and all are served by elevators.
- Ramp 1 is located close to services in Boyd Tower and General Hospital. If your appointment letter mentions taking Elevator A, B, or C, consider parking in Ramp 1. It is located a short walk from our Fountain entrance. It is also convenient for visits to our Center for Disabilities and Development.
- Ramp 3 is located across Hawkins Drive from the hospitals and clinics complex. A skyway connects the ramp to the Carver, Colloton, and Pappajohn pavilions of the hospital, near Elevators E, F, and I.
- Ramp 4 is located closest to the Pomerantz Family Pavilion, which includes the Family Medicine Clinic, the Ambulatory Surgery Center, and the Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center. It is connected by a skyway to the building on Level 2. You will be closest to Elevators L and M.
Reduced-Fee Parking Rates
To receive the lowest parking rates, all patients and visitors should ask for a reduced-fee parking pass from the clinic or nursing unit. Give this pass, along with your parking ramp ticket, to the cashier when you exit and pay.
- 0-30 minutes: Free
- 31 to 60 minutes: $0.60
- Each additional hour: $1.20
- Maximum daily rate: $10 (with validation of a clinic visit or hospital stay)
- Lost ticket: $10 (with validation of a clinic visit or hospital stay)
Long Term Parking
These permits can be purchased at the Information Desk in the Main Lobby, at the Pomerantz Information Desk, Level One, or in the Parking and Transportation Office in the West Campus Transportation Center, connected to Ramp 3. With this permit, you can park in the ramps for three or seven consecutive days and come and go from a ramp as many times as needed.
- 3-day parking pass: $27 (with validation of a clinic visit or hospital stay)
- 7-day parking pass: $58 (with validation of a clinic visit or hospital stay)
- Lot 43 (behind Kinnick Stadium): FREE on weekends and holidays, and daily between 4:30 p.m. and 6:30 a.m.
- Hawkeye Commuter parking lot: FREE (Validation of a clinic appointment or hospital stay/visit is required to obtain the permit.) Permits can be picked up at the Parking Services Office in the West Campus Transportation Center, connected to Ramp 3.
- Location of Hawkeye Commuter Lot (approximately 2 miles from the hospital)
- Cambus routes that serve the lot (free service)
- Free parking for pediatric patients (effective July 1, 2014): Free parking is available for families of pediatric patients (age 18 or younger) who are hospitalized in a pediatric inpatient unit or receiving infusion therapy or dialysis treatments. One parking pass will be provided to each qualifying family per calendar day. This will allow for one free exit per calendar day. For more information, please read these frequently asked questions.
Valet parking services are offered at two locations.
- The main entrance service is best for hospital and clinic visits in Boyd Tower, General Hospital and the Carver, Colloton and Pappajohn pavilions. Valet service is Monday-Friday 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- The Pomerantz Family Pavilion service puts you close to Elevators L and M. It is available from 6:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- There is a $12 flat fee paid by cash, check, MasterCard, or Visa.
Questions about parking?
Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.:
- UI Parking and Transportation Services (319-335-1475)
- UI Health Care Concierge Services (319-356-1900)
After 5 p.m. and on weekends:
- UI Parking and Transportation Services (319-335-8312)