Ambulatory Clinic Services
- Center for Digestive Diseases (CDD) (4 JCP)*
- The CDD is a clinic that encompasses both an ambulatory clinic and endoscopic procedural area. It serves a population of patients with complex inflammatory bowel disease, celiac disease, motility issues, liver and biliary tract problems, pancreatitis, bariatric, and colorectal needs. * American College of Surgeons-certified Bariatric Center of Excellence
- Dermatology Clinic and Procedures Suite (3 PFP)
- This specialty clinic sees patients from infants to adults for medical and surgical dermatology services including phototherapy, botox, chemical peels, laser therapy, Mohs surgery and general dermatology for skin diseases.
UI Family Care Center (LL PFP)
The UI Family Care Center includes three distinct services located in adjacent clinics.
- General Family Medicine Clinic
- This clinic includes family medicine physicians and other providers who care for the entire family—infants to adults. Treatment covers a broad range of acute and chronic conditions, as well as preventive care services, mental health, and maternity care.
- General Internal Medicine Clinic
- This clinic provides more comprehensive adolescent and adult medical care with a focus on chronic disease management and prevention.
- General Pediatrics Clinic
- This clinic provides care for infants, children, and adolescents. Treatment covers a broad range of health care problems including preventative well child care and disease management and prevention.
Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center*
- Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center Clinic (1 and 2 PFP)
- This clinic provides care to adult patients with hematology oncology, surgical oncology, gynecological oncology diagnoses, and bone marrow transplants. The area includes an outpatient infusion suite for chemotherapy and blood products administration.
- Center of Excellence in Image Guided Radiation Therapy (LL PFP)
- This clinic provides care to adult and pediatric patients with both malignant and specific benign diseases. Patients are treated with ionizing radiation for cancer and other diseases and for symptoms and side effects of disease.
*Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center is an NCI-designated Cancer Center, the only one in Iowa
- Hospital Dentistry Institute (5 PFP)
- This clinic offers medical and surgical management for both adult and pediatric patients with oral and maxillofacial problems including onsite procedural sedation for multiple procedures.
- Interventional and Diagnostic Radiology (3 JCP)
- This unit provides sedation and patient care to both inpatients and outpatients who require interventional radiology, CT, MRI, or PET scans. Other interventions that occur in this procedural area include drainage tube placement, percutaneous nephrostomy, implantable ports, dialysis catheter, peripheral and neuroangiograms, transjugular liver biopsies, chemoembolizations, and thrombolysis.
- Neurology Clinic (2 RCP)
- This clinic sees adult patients 18 years and older for general neurology and disorders of movement, memory, sleep, balance, autonomic, neuromuscular system, stroke, epilepsy, headache, and facial pain. In addition, there is a subspecialty clinic for multiple sclerosis and Muscular Dystrophy Clinic.
- Neurosurgery Clinic (1 JCP)
- This clinic sees adult, neonatal, and pediatric patients with primary brain or spinal cord tumors, aneurysms, craniovertebral abnormalities, functional disease such as Parkinson’s disease, and spine and peripheral nerve injuries. The clinic also follows patients of all ages with traumatic cord and brain injuries.
- Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences Clinic (1 PFP)*
- This large clinic is a comprehensive 15 sub-specialties visual sciences clinic that includes refractive and outpatient surgical procedures. The clinic sees a complex patient population mostly on referral for complicated ophthalmological problems. * Ranked #6 in the nation by U.S.News & World Report in 2010
- Orthopaedic Clinic (LL JPP)
- The Orthopaedic Clinic treats patients of all ages in a 31 bed general orthopaedic clinic, 4-bed spine center, 8-bed work recovery center, and 16-room sports medicine center. Clinic patients encompass multiple complex orthopaedic conditions and fractures. * Ranked #9 in the nation by U.S.News & World Report in 2010
- Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery Institute (2 PFP)*
- This is a large ambulatory outpatient clinic concerned with the diagnosis and treatment of diseases and disorders of the ears, nose, and throat. Adult and pediatric patients with complex medical and surgical disease processes including: head and neck cancer, ear conditions, sinus/nasal conditions, and facial plastics are treated. Our clinical research centers include: Balance Disorders, Cochlear Implant, and Voice and Swallowing Center. * Ranked #3 in the nation by U.S.News & World Report in 2010
- Surgery Specialty Clinics (1 JCP)
- This clinic serves a surgical patient population with general surgery needs, peripheral vascular, organ transplant, trauma, and plastics surgical interventions.
- Urology Clinic (3 RCP)
- In the Urology Clinic, adult patients receive treatment for urological cancer, male infertility, male sexual dysfunction, kidney stones, female incontinence, and endourology. The clinic provides support for many urological procedures such as stent placements and cystoscopies. There is an onsite operating area where patients receive many cancer treatments, general urology procedures, brachytherapy, and lithotripsy, all under general anesthesia.