Ambulatory Surgical Center (ASC) (4 PFP)
A multi-specialty surgery center that offers same day services for both adult and pediatric patients. Services range from ophthalmology, otolaryngology, and general surgical procedures, to sports medicine surgeries. The ASC includes ten state-of–the-art operating rooms with large preparation and recovery areas, featuring private rooms for families.
Day of Surgery Admissions (DOSA) (5 JCP)
A 20-bed preoperative preparation and admission unit for adult patients scheduled for surgery in the main operating room.
Main Operating Room (MOR) (5 JCP)
Includes 32 operating rooms serving adult and pediatric surgical specialties open 24/7. Intra-operative services are divided into six teams staffed by RNs and Surgical Technologists.
Team 1: Cardiothoracic, Peripheral Vascular, and Transplant (Heart and Lung)
Team 2: Neurosurgery
Team 3: Orthopedics
Team 4: Urology, Gynecology, Transplant (Kidney, Pancreas, and Liver)
Team 5: Otolaryngology, Oral Surgery, Ophthalmology
Team 6: Plastics, General Surgery-Pediatric, Adult
Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU)
1. PACU: 15-bed stage adult unit plus two isolation-capable rooms
2. Peds Recovery: six-bed pediatric stage I recovery unit
3. Pediatric Pre and Post Surgical: seven-bed unit for pediatric pre-operative patients and stage II recovery patients
4. Second Stage Recovery Facility: 10-bed adult stage II recovery unit
5. Electro Convulsive Therapy Recovery: three-bed post-procedural area
Pre-Surgery Anesthesia Evaluation Clinic (1 RCP)
A clinic serving patients of all ages needing perioperative anesthesia evaluation for surgeries scheduled in the Main OR, Ambulatory Surgery Clinic, Urology Clinic, Radiology, Cardiac Catheterization Lab, other procedure areas.
Contact UsUniversity of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
Nursing Services and Patient Care
200 Hawkins Drive, T100 GH
Iowa City, IA 52242