The CRU is an in-house registered nurse float pool for the adult patient population. This “virtual unit” is divided into five teams. Nurses choose a team based on their expertise, experience, and preferences. The unit emphasizes flexibility and adaptability.
- Team 1: includes all of the critical care units: Cardiovascular ICU, Medical ICU, Surgical ICU, and Respiratory Specialty Care Unit (RSCU).
- Team 2: includes the monitored step-down units: Neurosciences, Medical Cardiology, Thoracic and Cardiac Surgery, Burn/Trauma, and RSCU.
- Team 3: includes the cancer care units: Surgical Oncology, Medical Oncology, Palliative Care, and Adult Bone Marrow Transplant.
- Team 4: includes the general medical and surgical units: Transplant and General Surgery, Neurology, Orthopedics and Urology, General Medicine, and Medical Psychiatry.
- Team 5: includes the behavioral health units: Pediatric and Adolescent, Geriatric, Eating Disorders, General Psychiatry, and Medical Psychiatry.
Contact UsUniversity of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
Nursing Services and Patient Care
200 Hawkins Drive, T100 GH
Iowa City, IA 52242