What is the College Student Leader Board?
The College Student Leader Board (SLB) consists of approximately 18 members and was created to act as a liaison between Volunteer Services, the student volunteers and the supervisory staff in their assigned areas. These leadership positions were constructed to coordinate the 800+ college student volunteers contributing throughout the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in any given year. The SLB members are facilitators and managers for the college volunteers, serving to make the volunteer experience both more enjoyable and worthwhile. SLB members attend monthly board meetings, build relationships with their staff volunteer supervisors, schedule and coordinate orientations for their volunteers and mentors, and administer in general the volunteer schedule for their unit.
How do I become a Student Leader Board member?
College student volunteers usually apply for an SLB position at the end of their sophomore year, but freshmen and juniors are welcome to apply as well. It is recommended, but is not required, that applicants have at least 50 volunteer hours when applying. Applications are available at the beginning of the spring semester in the volunteer unit binders, in the Volunteer Services Office, or online, and may be submitted in the Volunteer Services Office, open 8-5 Monday through Friday.
Applications for the 2015-2016 College Student Leader Board will be accepted from January 22 – February 15, 2015.
UI Hospitals and Clinics Volunteer Services 2014-2015 College Student Leader Board
- 1st row: (L to R): Mikayla Mabeus, Caitlin Sturms-Salyer, John Davison, Sarah Mayer, Jinny Guo, Amanda Latusek
- 2nd row: Katarina Brown, Amanda Childs, Abbie Wooten, Danny Linggonegoro, Emily Arvola, Kim Ruth, Emily Strattan
- 3rd row: Austin DeLau, Alex Hjelmaas, Alex Ferrer, Avi Asner, Jaison Marks, Saad Ansari, Will Lorentzen
Volunteer Services Resources
- Become a Volunteer
- Resources for Current Volunteers
- Featured Programs
- Our Sponsored Businesses and Partnerships
- Volunteer Services Gift Cards
- Where Does the Money Go?
- Upcoming Events
- Volunteer Services' Document Library
UI Hospitals and Clinics
8025 JCP (Elevator F, Level 8)
200 Hawkins Drive
Iowa City, Iowa 52242