Cancer treatments are individualized for our patients and their particular condition. That starts with advanced genetic testing that allows us to evaluate more than 50 cancer-related genes and morethan 2,800 mutations. This information is used to determine the cancer type, predict the behavior of the cancer (is it slow or fast growing; and more likely to recur), and predict the potential response to existing and future treatments.
Treatments may include one or more of the following:
- Minimally Invasive Surgery, including robotic surgery
- Intraoperative Radiation Therapy, combining radiation and surgery for breast cancer patients
- Intra-arterial or intraperitoneal
- External Beam
- 4D-gated Treatment
- Intraoperative Radiation Therapy combining radiation and surgery for breast cancer patients
Immunotherapy is also called biological therapy, biological response modifier therapy, BRM therapy or biotherapy. This treatment stimulates or restores the ability of your own immune system to fight cancer, infections or other diseases. It includes monoclonal antibodies, growth factors and vaccines.
Hormone therapy adds, blocks and removes hormones. To slow or stop the growth of cancers (such as prostate and breast cancer) drugs may be given to block the body’s natural hormones that fuel the cancer cells to grow. In some cases, surgery will be used to remove the gland that makes a certain hormone.
Blood and Marrow Transplants
- Autologous: one's own stem cells
- Syngeneic: stem cells from identical twin
- Allogeneic: from family members or unrelated donor
Behavioral Oncology Clinic
Cancer is hard. It takes a toll on both your mind and your body. It affects you and your loved ones. Everyone reacts to the stresses of cancer in different ways. That's why we created the Behavioral Oncology Clinic to serve the other symptoms of cancer, such as stress, anxiety, depression, and other emotional strains.
Our Cancer Services
- Cancers Treated
- Cancer Definitions
- Treatment Options
- Support Services
- Why Choose Us?
- Refer a Patient
- Clinical Trials
- Survivorship Clinics
- Contact Us
- For Appointments: 319-356-4200
- For Questions: visit Cancer Information Service
LocationCancer Clinic, Pomerantz Pavilion
Elevator M, Level 1