Most cancer relevant clinical trials at the Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center at The University of Iowa are reviewed by the Protocol Review and Monitoring Committee (PRMC). (Schedule of 2014 PRMC Meeting Dates)
The purpose of the review is:
- To conduct a scientific review of proposed and ongoing institutional cancer clinical research
- To determine prioritization of patient referrals to competing protocols
- To monitor clinical cancer research protocols for sufficient progress
- To terminate those cancer protocols that are not achieving goals in a reasonable time frame
Please submit a PRMC Protocol Submission Packet unless your study is:
- a single, compassionate use treatment
- a retrospective chart or registry review of existing data
- a rationale or methodology for establishing a tissue bank or registry
- population based research involving non-therapeutic interventions
- research that only involves patient populations outside The University of Iowa not directly cared for by physicians in the Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center
If unsure, please contact Gary Rick for further assistance: (firstname.lastname@example.org; 319-353-7846).
No protocol may have access to Cancer Center shared resources without full approval of the committee.
To ensure efficient use of Cancer Center resources for clinical trials, protocols submitted to the PRMC must also be approved by the appropriate Multidisciplinary Oncology Group (MOG). Final approval by the PRMC will be contingent upon approval by the MOG (MOGs and Clinical Liaisons). To verify approval, please complete the Multidisciplinary Oncology Group Clinical Trial Checklist and submit as part of the PRMC Submission Packet.
PRMC Supporting Forms and Documentation:
- Protocol Submission Form (MS Word Format)
- Multidisciplinary Oncology Group Clinical Trial Checklist (MS Word Format)
- Protocol Writing Guidelines (MS Word Format)
- G-12 Completion Guidelines (MS Word Format)