Patient safety is our number one job. Health care is very complex and this puts us at risk for making errors. Doctors, nurses, and other staff review the care we provide, at UI Hospitals and Clinics. We look for common mistakes, and then we make changes to improve care. All staff is asked to report patient safety concerns to the Safety Oversight Team.
How Can You Help?
Patients and family members are an important part of the health care team. Please speak up if you have a question or concern about something. You should know what your health problem is, and how it will be treated.
Other ways to be active in your care include:
- Ask people to clean their hands before touching you
- Tell your family or friends to not visit you if they are sick
- Keep a list of all the medicines and vitamins you are taking
- Blood Management
- Infection Prevention Program
- Patient Education
- Patient Safety Program
- Performance Improvement Program
- Performance Improvement Tools
- Effective Meeting Resources
- Staff Directory
Contact InformationOffice of Clinical Quality, Safety, and Performance Improvement
200 Hawkins Drive - C512 GH
Iowa City, IA 52242