UI Hospitals and Clinics social workers work with qualified patients and their families to acquire medications from pharmaceutical companies at little or no cost. If you do not have adequate prescription drug coverage and you are seen by a UIHC physician for the medication in which you need assistance, please contact the UIHC Patient Medication Assistance Program at 319-384-8528 to find out if there may be a program that could help you with the cost of your medications.
There are also various programs that help patients who cannot afford their medication co-pays. Some of these programs also offer assistance with insurance co-pays, premiums, and deductibles. These programs are disease specific. You can obtain more information regarding these programs by contacting the UIHC Patient Medication Assistance Program at 319-384-8528 or the individual programs below via phone or their website.
- Cancer Care Co-Pay Assistance Foundation: call (866) 552-6729 or go online
- Chronic Disease Fund: call (877) 968-7233 or go online
- Healthwell Foundation: call (800) 675-8416 or go online
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society: call (877) 557-2672 or go online
- Patient Access Network: call (866) 316-7263 or go online
- Patient Advocate Foundation: call (866) 512-3861 or go online
- Patient Services Incorporated: call (800) 366-7741 or go online