Interpreting and Translation
Trained interpreters provide real-time interpretation and translation services for patients who are non-English speaking or who have hearing impairments. Patients and families can use these services during clinic visits, hospital stays, or other communication with hospital staff.
On-staff resources address the primary need for Spanish interpretation and use of American sign language.
- Real-time interpretation provided by trained interpreters for non-English speaking patients and the hearing impaired
- Language Bank of over 60 interpreters in approximately 30 languages
- VRI- Video Remote Interpretation (ASL)
- Facilitate communication wherever and whenever communication is taking place
Call the interpreting office to get authorization. Please provide patient name, MRN, language, and location.
- Available 24 hours a day
- Telecommunications Center (dial 0): 2 cyraphones available for check out
- Social Services Main Office (dial 62207): 2 cyraphones available for check out
- Interpretation Services Office: 319-356-1967
- Text Telephones (TDD) and Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TTY): 319-356-4999
- Pager (on-call): #4225
- Pager (8 a.m. to 5 p.m.: #7897
*Please contact our interpreting program if you are bilingual and willing to participate in our Language Bank.