Pros and Cons of Clinical Research
- You may get promising new treatment methods that you can’t get outside clinical research.
- The new method may have less side effects than the usual care.
- You may be the first to benefit from the new method.
- You are helping others with the same disease, both now and in the future.
- You play an active role in your own health care.
- New drugs or methods are not always better than the normal treatment.
- New methods may have side effects or risks that doctors do not expect or are worse than those from the normal treatment.
- If you are in a randomized study you will not be able to choose the treatment you receive.
- Your health insurance may not cover all costs.
- You may need to make more visits to the hospital or clinic.
- Even if a new treatment has benefits, it may not work for you.
Info for Volunteers
Info for Researchers
We welcome your feedback! Please help us improve your experience on our website by completing a brief survey.