- UI Patient and Graduate Student Featured on the Today Show
- May 4 - NBC Today Show - Tara Fall, a member of the Iowa Neurological Patient Registry at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, suffers from prosopagnosia, also known as "face blindness." During a surgery in 2003 to cure her epilepsy, the Monticello, Iowa, native had a stroke that ultimately left her unable to recognize faces – even those of friends and loved ones.
- Leukemia Can’t Keep Eastern Iowa Girl from Prom
- May 6 - KCRG-TV - A Maquoketa High School junior diagnosed with leukemia in March celebrated her prom at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics Friday afternoon.
- UI Health Care Surgeon Writes Fiction Collection
- May 11 - The Daily Iowan - Carol Scott-Conner's new fictional book A Few Small Moments, a collection of short stories about women in the surgical field, was prompted by the lack of inspiring stories about women in medicine.
- Summer Safety
- May 27 - Press Citizen - Sunburns aren't the only thing parents need to be aware of. Water, bugs, lawn equipment, vehicles, bicycles and playgrounds also should be added to the checklist.
We welcome your feedback! Please help us improve your experience on our website by completing a brief survey.