- UI Professors Use 3-D Lung Imaging to Further Research
- September 3 – Daily Iowan – UI engineering Professor Ching-Long Lin received a grant to conduct analysis using a 3-D lung model to predict lung disease and Dr. John Newell Jr. will be translating any successful results into clinical practice.
- New Study Lends Conclusive Support to a Scoliosis Treatment
- September 19 – NY Times – A new study provides the best evidence yet that wearing a back brace will slow the progression of the most common form of scoliosis in adolescents, helping them avoid painful spine surgery.
- UI Testing Vaccine for Deadly Flu Strain
- The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics are moving forward with testing of a vaccine for a potentially deadly strain of influenza that killed dozens of people in China earlier this year.
We welcome your feedback! Please help us improve your experience on our website by completing a brief survey.