- UI's $1.7 Billion Campaign Will Support Scholarships, Faculty
- May 2 - Cedar Rapids Gazette - The campaign is the largest fundraising effort in UI history, affecting campus aspects from student scholarships to the building of the new UI Children's Hospital.
- Endometriosis Risk Higher with Lower BMI
- May 14 - MedPage Today - Thin women had a greater risk of developing endometriosis than women who were morbidly obese, according to a study done by UI Hospitals and Clinics physician Divya Shah, MD and colleagues.
- Corridor Agencies Collaborate to Create Accountable Care Organization
- May 22 - Cedar Rapids Gazette - Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Iowa is working with UI Hospitals and Clinics and Mercy Medical Center in Cedar Rapids to create a new Accountable Care Organization. The ACO will focus on coordinating patient care to improve quality, provide greater value and slow increases in health care costs.
- Living with Brain Trauma
- May 30 - Iowa Public Radio - Daniel Tranel, UI neurology professor and director of the Iowa Neurological Patient Registry — a unique Iowa registry that tracks patient who've experience brain damage, talks brain science
We welcome your feedback! Please help us improve your experience on our website by completing a brief survey.