Our liver care experts offer diagnostic procedures and treatment for patients with all forms of liver disease, including those requiring liver transplantation. The biliary tract consists of ducts that carry bile from the liver to the gallbladder and then to the small intestine.
We are also part of the Iowa Liver Center, a collaboration among the University of Iowa Organ Transplant Center, based in Iowa City; the Iowa Digestive Disease Center (IDDC), based in Clive; and Mercy Medical Center–Des Moines (Mercy), including its affiliated clinics and subsidiaries.
Our clinics provide specialized services for patients with:
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic liver disease
- Liver failure
- Autoimmune hepatitis
- Liver cancer
- Genetic disorders including hemochromatosis and Wilson's disease
- Gallstones that pass out of the gallbladder into the ducts
- Injury to the bile ducts during gallbladder surgery
- Disorders of the pancreas
- Tumors in the pancreas, gallbladder or bile ducts
- Growths of polyps in the gallbladder
Our clinical services include: