Over the years, Iowans and their neighbors have trusted that the best care for complex diseases can be found at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics and UI Children’s Hospital.
For patients facing a liver transplant, the University of Iowa Organ Transplant Center is their foremost choice for many reasons:
- Shorter times on the organ waiting list
- Exceptional transplant outcomes
- A dedicated team of specialists who focus on your care
- Thorough follow up care that’s coordinated with your local physician
- Specialists trained in the care of pediatric transplant patients
- Based on the most recent group of transplants reported, our three-year graft survival rate for adult liver transplants was 83.9 percent, which is 8.2 points higher than the national average of 75.7 percent.
Source: Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients
Every member of our multidisciplinary team specializes in transplant care. Each one brings years of expertise to your transplant case.
- Transplant Surgeons
- Transplant Physicians
- Clinical Psychologist
- Pancreaticobiliary Specialists
- Nurse Coordinators
- Social Workers
- Financial Coordinators
Our team works as a part of the Iowa Liver Center, a statewide organization that offers a full range of well-coordinated diagnostics, treatment, and support services to those with liver disease.
- Why Choose Iowa?
- Areas of Expertise
- Patient Stories
- The Transplant Process