The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, and Questioning (LGBTQ) Clinic is staffed by two primary care physicians, Nicole Nisly, MD (Internal Medicine) and Katie Imborek, MD (Family Medicine). We focus on comprehensive primary care for adult and child (over 10) LGBTQ patients delivered by providers and staff with expertise in the needs of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer communities. Every member of our staff has undergone training through the Safe Zone Project to ensure an environment that is welcoming and affirming for all our patients.
- Routine physical exams and wellness
- Chronic disease management, including anxiety and depression
- Same-day urgent care visits
- Gynecological services, including breast and pelvic exams, menopause care, and obstetric care
- Contraceptive management
- HIV testing
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI) testing and treatment
- Hormone therapy
- Post-surgical care for those who have undergone gender affirming surgery
We submit insurance claims to Medicare, Medicaid, and most common commercial insurance providers. Our staff includes a social worker to facilitate the care for patients who are uninsured or have insurance or financial concerns. Patients with disabilities and non English speakers are welcome.
The university is guided by the precepts that in no aspect of its programs shall there be differences in the treatment of persons because of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification that deprives the person of consideration as an individual.