Fellows must demonstrate an awareness of and responsiveness to the larger context and system of health care and the ability to effectively call on system resources to provide care that is of optimal value.
- Fellows will learn to interact professionally in the context of the health care system as a whole and remain sensitive to the role of ancillary services, other health care providers, good business practice, and adherence to high ethical standards.
- Fellows will learn to work with all members of the health care team (nurses, social workers, pharmacists, etc) to provide the best and most efficient plan of care for all patients.
- Fellows will learn to integrate various cardiology services and procedures with the medical and surgical services involved in the patient’s care.
- Within cardiology, fellows will learn to integrate the services and procedures provided by the various cardiac disciplines involved in the patient’s care.
- Fellows will learn to partner with a patient’s primary care provider in order to ensure that the best possible care is provided to the patient.
- Fellows will learn to practice cost-effective health care while not compromising quality of care.
- Fellows are expected to be strong patient advocates.