Applications and Interview Dates
The University of Iowa Urology Residency Program is a six-year program. The department accepts three residents each year beginning in July. Residents are matched for the full six years through the American Urological Association match every January (Iowa's AUA I.D. #00923318).
Applicants matched to the UI Urology Residency Program must also apply through the National Residency Match Program.
- If you are interested in applying to the Urology Residency Program, applications are accepted through ERAS. Please include a minimum of three reference letters, a personal statement, transcripts, and USMLE data with your application
- Applications must be received by October 1st of each year
- Visit Residency Selection for information about residency qualifications.
The UI Department of Urology seeks to encourage residency applications from all qualified individuals who have attended accredited medical schools. There is specifically no discrimination on the basis of age, sex, ethnic background, religious beliefs, or sexual orientation. Recognizing the superb academic opportunities available within the section, and the institution at large, the UI Department of Urology particularly encourages applications from individuals with an interest and a proven track record of excellence in scholarly pursuits.
All applications are independently reviewed by the program. From more than 160 applications, approximately 50 invitations for interview are extended. These interviews are undertaken on three separate days in the fall, during which applicants are interviewed by six faculty members. Residents spend ample time with applicants throughout the interview day. Following adequate and individualized discussion, a resident rank list is determined by mutual agreement among the faculty members. The pyramid system is not employed.
Interview candidates will be notified via email and/or by phone.
Our 2012 Interview Dates:
- Friday, November 2 (noon to 7 p.m.)
- Monday, November 12 (noon to 7 p.m.)
- Monday, November 26 (noon to 7 p.m.)