We will interview about 60 candidates for 5 positions beginning in November and ending in December. Orientation for all new residents begins June 24, so you must be available for that start date and be licensed in Iowa by June 24.
I got an interview! Now what?
- What should I expect the night before my interview?
- You are invited to meet with our residents. This is a great time to get together with other applicants as well as current residents in our program to relax a bit before your interview and talk about the program at Iowa. Dress comfortably (blue jeans are fine) but remember to wear a winter coat.
- This get-together is an opportunity for you to meet us, your potential future colleagues, and we are here to answer your questions. Don’t be shy about asking about the things that are on your mind.
- What should I expect on the interview day?
- Arrival and Parking: Please plan to arrive at the hospital at 7:15 a.m. You will want to park in Ramp 4 (far south end of the hospital off of Hawkins Drive). You will want to enter into the Pomerantz Family Pavilion located at the far south end of the hospital. If you park in ramp 4, drop down to level 2 where you’ll find the skyway that leads into the hospital. When you enter into the hospital, go straight and you’ll wind around to your left where you’ll find Elevator L. Drop down to the first floor to meet Nanci Wieneke at 7:15 a.m. She will take you from that point forward. A parking pass will be provided to you at the end of your day.
- A continental breakfast will be served at 7:30. Individual interviews will begin around 8:45 a.m. followed by a resident guided tour of our facilities. Lunch with faculty, fellows and residents will be served from noon to 1:00 followed by a 30 minute session with Obstetrics and Gynecology Department Head, Dr. Kimberly Leslie.
- We suggest business attire for your interview day, but don’t forget a warm winter coat!