To request a duplicate certificate
- 1. Send a notarized statement.
- A notarized statement confirms your identity and protects the confidentiality of your training records. Note: Only if your request is being mailed from outside the United States, and bears an international postmark, is the notary requirement waived. All requests must bear the signature of the UI trainee who is requesting the duplicate diploma.
2. The statement should include:
- the address to which the diploma should be mailed
- your full legal name
- University of Iowa ID number or last 4 digits of your SSN
- Full name of training program
- Start and end date of training program
- Send a $45 check payable to Graduate Medical Education, University of Iowa. The fee covers the cost of printing and mailing.
3. Send requests to:Graduate Medical Education Office
University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
200 Hawkins Dr
Iowa City, IA 52242-1009
Phone: (319) 356-2256
Replacement certificates may require eight to 10 weeks to process.