- Develop a home exit plan
- Practice twice per year.
- Install smoke alarms
- Check frequently, change batteries twice per year.
- Hot water safety
- Set water heater no higher than 120 degrees.
- Matches and lighters
- Keep out of reach and sight of children.
- Cooking safety
- Keep children away while cooking.
- Bathroom safety
- Never leave a child unattended.
General Burn First Aid
- Stop the burning process
- Smoother flames-stop, drop, and roll
- If chemical, (except lime) flush with water
- Never use ice on burn
- Cover burn area with plastic wrap
- Keep patient warm
- Get medical help immediately: call 911
Location and ContactBurn Treatment Center, 8322 Colloton Pavilion
Elevator F, Level 8