If you think you know all there is to know about smoking, take our quiz and then scroll down for the correct answers.
Answer true or false to the following:
- If you don't smoke in high school, you probably will never smoke. ( T / F )
- Kids who smoke get lower grades in school. ( T / F )
- Tobacco is often the first drug used by teens who use alcohol and illegal drugs. ( T / F )
- Teen smokers produce the same amount of phlegm as non-smoking teens. ( T / F )
- A teen smoker's heart beats the same as a non-smoker. ( T / F )
- Roughly three percent of all teens smoke. ( T / F )
- A cigarette a week won't affect you. ( T / F )
- Most teens are turned off by smokers. ( T / F )
- Smoking promotional items (t-shirts, caps) help promote smoking. ( T / F )
- An estimated one in ten female students have used cigars in the last month. ( T / F )
- False. They produce twice as much phlegm.
- False. It beats two or three times more per minute.
- False. According to the surgeon general 13 percent of adolescents have smoked in the last 30 days, 8 percent are frequent smokers.
- False. Symptoms like wheezing and coughing have been found in kids who only smoke a cigarette a week.
- True. 67 percent of teens are turned off by smokers and 87 percent would rather date people who don't smoke.
- True. Kids with smoking promotional items are 4.1 times more likely to smoke.
Our Cancer Services
- Cancers Treated
- Cancer Definitions
- Treatment Options
- Support Services
- Why Choose Us?
- Refer a Patient
- Clinical Trials
- Survivorship Clinics
- Contact Us
- For Appointments: 319-356-4200
- For Questions: 800-237-1225 or visit Cancer Information Service
LocationCancer Clinic, Pomerantz Pavilion
Elevator M, Level 1