Take a Quiz to Test Your
Knowledge About Smoking
If you think you know all there is to know about smoking, take our quiz and then scroll down for the correct answers.
Answer true or false to the following:
- If you don't smoke in high school, you probably will never smoke. ( T / F )
- Kids who smoke get lower grades in school. ( T / F )
- Tobacco is often the first drug used by teens who use alcohol and illegal drugs. ( T / F )
- Teen smokers produce the same amount of phlegm as non-smoking teens. ( T / F )
- A teen smoker's heart beats the same as a non-smoker. ( T / F )
- Roughly three percent of all teens smoke. ( T / F )
- A cigarette a week won't affect you. ( T / F )
- Most teens are turned off by smokers. ( T / F )
- Smoking promotional items (t-shirts, caps) help promote smoking. ( T / F )
- An estimated one in ten female students have used cigars in the last month. ( T / F )
- False. They produce twice as much phlegm.
- False. It beats two or three times more per minute.
- False. According to the surgeon general 13 percent of adolescents have smoked in the last 30 days, 8 percent are frequent smokers.
- False. Symptoms like wheezing and coughing have been found in kids who only smoke a cigarette a week.
- True. 67 percent of teens are turned off by smokers and 87 percent would rather date people who don't smoke.
- True. Kids with smoking promotional items are 4.1 times more likely to smoke.