Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center is recognized for its research, patient care, treatment and education to identify the causes and effects of cancer and to improve treatment of this disease.
This work is made possible in part by the support of donors through charitable giving. Friends of Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center can become partners in the effort to control and ultimately cure cancer.
The UI Foundation is the preferred channel for private gifts to the Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center. Cash gifts whether currency, personal check, credit card authorization, money order or bank draft should be made payable to the University of Iowa Foundation and mailed or brought to the Levitt Center for University Advancement, One West Park Road, P.O. Box 4550, Iowa City, Iowa 52244-4550.
Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center welcomes the opportunity to discuss additional methods of gift planning i.e. gifts of securities, bequests, life insurance etc. All inquiries and plans are kept confidential.
For further informationThe University of Iowa Foundation
Levitt Center for University Advancement
One West Park Road
P.O. Box 4550
Iowa City, IA 52244-4550
Ways Charitable Giving Can Assist Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Fund construction of cancer research space in the Medical Education and Biomedical Research Facility
- Purchase scientific equipment
- Support innovative research projects and promising clinical applications
- Provide additional funding for vital programs and services that are not entirely financed by other support
- Provide an array of social, emotional, spiritual and economic services to patients and their families
- Establish endowed chairs to provide valuable support for continuing achievements of senior physicians and scientists
- Establish endowed fellowships to benefit gifted investigators
- Fund lectureships
Honorary and memorial gifts
A gift in memory or in honor of a relative or friend is a generous and thoughtful way to recognize a person's life and accomplishments. When an honor or memorial gift is made, the honoree or next of kin is notified and the gift is administered as the contributor specifies.
Private support directed to Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center will help the Center attain its goals of preventing cancer and providing new therapy capable of extending the lives of patients with cancer. Gifts to the Cancer Center enable the Center to fulfill its mission of patient care, education, prevention and early detection.