Your well-being during pregnancy matters to us. Our staff will monitor your health and that of your baby's throughout your pregnancy. Expert care and advice is available 24 hours a day to answer questions, address problems, concerns or emergencies.
UI Health Care offers several options for care during your pregnancy, including services that begin with your primary care provider. We offer an unmatched array of providers (listed at right) dedicated to your well-being and that of your baby. Our experienced obstetricians, family medicine physicians, and midwives work with you to create a personalized pregnancy experience.
We offer prenatal care at several convenient locations (listed at right). We invite you to contact one of our clinics to begin your prenatal care. In addition, you may wish to explore additional prenatal services we offer:
High Risk Pregnancy
Our high-risk pregnancy
experts see patients with a variety of conditions or symptoms. They collaborate with clinicians in a number of specialties to help you maintain consistent good health throughout your pregnancy.
To prepare you for childbirth, we have designed special classes to promote a healthy pregnancy and help you achieve the most rewarding and fulfilling birth experience possible. We provide excellent and comprehensive preparation, information, and support for all expectant parents and their support persons. We encourage you to attend these special classes to prepare for labor and delivery and the time afterward.
Register for classes, including
- Childbirth Preparation
- Caring for the Newborn
- Infant Safety & CPR
- Sibling Class
Labor and Delivery
For your convenience and care our labor and delivery unit features:
- 24-hour anesthesia and surgical capability
- Complete maternal-fetal monitoring
- Support for family-centered delivery
- Immediate access to Level III neonatal intensive care
- Eight labor-delivery rooms
- Two surgery suites for Cesarean-sections
- State-of-the-art fetal monitoring system
- Blood bank in close proximity
- Dedicated ultrasound room, fetal and maternal diagnosis
- A full range of labor support services to meet the individual patient needs
- Accessibility to service providers including: family medicine,
obstetrics, private obstetrics, midwives, residents, high-risk
- Antepartum/postpartum whirlpool bath
Our clinical services include:
Our mother and baby unit features:
- 28 ante/postpartum rooms
- Single-room maternity care facilities
- Accessible technology that is tastefully out of sight
- Lactation consultant services available
- Excellent childbirth and parenting education classes
- High level of security
- Internet access (in waiting rooms and individual rooms)
- Rooms that offer a home-like environment
- Custom memory foam beds in ante/postpartum rooms
- Ala carte menus available
- TV/VCR/DVD, CD player
- Refreshment area, waiting area and educational area within the unit
Sign up for Baby Steps
Our free weekly prenatal e-newsletter, Baby Steps, sends weekly pregnancy progress reports to your e-mail inbox. You’ll find it’s filled with information about you and your developing baby, as well as helpful resources available through UI Hospitals and Clinics. Sign up today.
A new baby means lots of exciting new decisions to make, and choosing a primary care provider for your child is one of the most important. Download a copy of our four-page brochure outlining all our services for your new baby. You'll also receive a helpful list of phone numbers to keep on hand as your little one grows.