University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics—recognized as one of the best hospitals in the United States—is Iowa's only comprehensive academic medical center and a regional referral center.
We are committed to providing patient-focused care—available to every person, around the clock—in an environment devoted to innovative care, excellent service, and exceptional outcomes.
In our 2011 fiscal year, we employed 1,432 physicians, residents, and fellows, and 7,482 non-physician employees, including 1,806 professional nurses. We're assisted each year by a dedicated corps of more than 1,300 volunteers.
UI Hospitals and Clinics and UI Children's Hospital together deliver quality care in collaboration with University of Iowa Physicians, the state's largest multi-specialty medical and surgical group practice composed of faculty physicians of the UI Roy J. and Lucille A. Carver College of Medicine. These partners work together as University of Iowa Health Care, to provide patient care, conduct biomedical research, and train the next generation of health professionals.
Simply stated, our mission is: Changing Medicine. Changing Lives.®
University of Iowa Health Care is changing medicine through
- Pioneering discovery
- Innovative interprofessional education
- Delivery of superb clinical care
- An extraordinary patient experience in a multi–disciplinary, collaborative, team-based environment
University of Iowa Health Care is changing lives by
- Preventing and curing disease
- Improving health and well–being
- Assuring access to care for people in Iowa and throughout the world
World Class People.
- Building on our greatest strength.
World Class Medicine.
- Creating a new standard of excellence in integrated patient care, research and education.
For Iowa and the World.
- Making a difference in quality of life and health for generations.