The UI Admission & Transfer Center is your source when you need to transfer a patient to the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics.
Please contact us at 866-890-5969 when you need to:
- Transfer a patient from your emergency department to UI Hospitals and Clinics for an inpatient stay
- Transfer a patient from your hospital inpatient bed to a UI Hospitals and Clinics inpatient bed
The registered nurses in the Admission & Transfer Center will:
- Triage your call to the appropriate UI Hospitals and Clinics physician
- Complete the details necessary for admission, including any paperwork and medical documents from your facility to UI Hospitals and Clinics
- Coordinate nursing unit and bed arrangements for the patient
Outside facilities can help ensure patient identification by faxing the patient's demographics or face sheet immediately to: 319-467-5546.
Our goals are to:
- Provide comprehensive service for physicians wishing to access UI Hospitals and Clinics services
- Use a multidisciplinary approach to quickly evaluate transfers
- Expedite appropriate patient transfers
- Limit potential financial liability on the part of patients and their families
AirCare Emergency Transport
AirCare Emergency Transport provides emergency medical care to the people of central and eastern Iowa as well as western Illinois with extended coverage capability into Wisconsin, Minnesota and Missouri.
To request AirCare Emergency Transport contact us at 800-272-6440.
How to Transfer a Patient Webinar
Watch the step by step UI Transfer Center webinar that explains how to transfer a patient to the University of Iowa.