UI Admission & Transfer Center
The UI Admission & Transfer Center is your source when you need to transfer a patient to the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics.
Please contact us at 866-890-5969 when you need to:
- Transfer a patient from your emergency department to UI Hospitals and Clinics for an inpatient stay
- Transfer a patient from your hospital inpatient bed to a UI Hospitals and Clinics inpatient bed
The registered nurses in the Admission & Transfer Center will:
- Triage your call to the appropriate UI Hospitals and Clinics physician
- Complete the details necessary for admission, including any paperwork and medical documents from your facility to UI Hospitals and Clinics
- Coordinate nursing unit and bed arrangements for the patient
Outside facilities can help ensure patient identification by faxing the patient's demographics or face sheet immediately to: 319-467-5546.
Our goals are to:
- Provide comprehensive service for physicians wishing to access UI Hospitals and Clinics services
- Use a multidisciplinary approach to quickly evaluate transfers
- Expedite appropriate patient transfers
- Limit potential financial liability on the part of patients and their families
How to Transfer a Patient Webinar
Watch the step by step UI Transfer Center webinar that explains how to transfer a patient to the University of Iowa.