The Iowa Liver Center
Through its unique team approach, the Iowa Liver Center provides comprehensive care to people with decompensated liver disease and neoplasms of the liver and bile duct. The Iowa Liver Center is a collaboration among
- The University of Iowa Organ Transplant Center, based in Iowa City
- The Iowa Digestive Disease Center (IDDC), based in Clive
- Mercy Medical Center–Des Moines (Mercy), including its affiliated clinics and subsidiaries
In addition to offering comprehensive services for patients with liver disease, the center’s goals include:
- Using the shared expertise and resources of the participating organizations to ensure the most advanced treatments and services are available
- Meeting the needs of patients with a full and well-coordinated continuum of care, including sophisticated and complex care requirements, such as liver transplants
- Assuring outstanding quality, excellent services, and cost efficiencies through highly effective care coordination among the physicians, nurses, and others caring for these individuals
The Iowa Liver Center brings together expert digestive disease physicians, transplant surgeons, and other professionals from Iowa’s three leading organizations in this field to create a streamlined and well-defined process of care.
The Iowa Liver Center is an initiative of the University of Iowa Health Alliance (UIHA), which seeks to advance high quality health care services; improve the health status of patients and communities; develop educational programs for health care providers, patients and consumers; and collaborate in research. UIHA members include Genesis Health System, Mercy – Cedar Rapids, Mercy Health Network and University of Iowa Health Care. Combined, the Alliance includes over 50 hospitals and more than 160 clinics.
Services and Benefits to Patients
The Iowa Liver Center offers a full range of well-coordinated diagnostic, treatment, and support services to those with liver disease—delivering outstanding patient care close to home. Benefits to patients include:
- Enhanced care coordination and integration
- A patient-centered experience
- Broader, more comprehensive services—including the most advanced treatments available anywhere
- Convenient access in the Des Moines/central Iowa area
- Quality outcomes
- Collaboration among a team of recognized experts, dedicated to providing the best possible outcomes
In addition to seeing patients at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City, Iowa Liver Center physicians see patients at two convenient locations in the Des Moines-area:
- 1378 NW 124th Street, Clive, IA 50325, the Iowa Digestive Disease Center
- 411 Laurel Street, Suite 2340
Des Moines, IA 50314
(adjacent to Mercy Medical Center – Des Moines)
To set up an appointment for these services please phone:
- Why Choose Iowa?
- Areas of Expertise
- Patient Stories
- The Transplant Process
Thank you for your feedback!