At Iowa, your care is part of a comprehensive lung service dedicated to providing the most innovative treatment options to patients with advanced lung disease. In addition to our longstanding record of excellent patient outcomes and our commitment to your health, the University of Iowa lung transplant services offer:
- A multidisciplinary transplant team
- Coordinated care and communication with your referring physicians
- Streamlined evaluation requiring only one visit to UI Hospitals and Clinics
- Quick decision for transplant readiness and shorter wait times for organ
- Lifelong post-transplant monitoring and care
Based on the most recent group of transplants reported by the Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients, our one-year graft survival rate for all lung transplants was 89.6%, which is six points higher than the national average of 83.8%.
Every member of our multidisciplinary team specializes in transplant care. Each one brings years of expertise to your transplant case.
- Transplant Surgeons
- Transplant Physicians
- Clinical Psychologist
- Physicians Assistants
- Nurse Coordinators
- Social Workers
- Financial Coordiantors
- Why Choose Iowa?
- Patient Stories
- The Transplant Process