Our well-established weight loss surgery program can help you reach your goal of a healthy, enjoyable life. We incorporate expert services, ongoing support and a wealth of experience to offer the best outcomes in surgical weight-loss.
The UI Obesity Surgery Program is unique in its approach to the care of the morbidly obese patient. Our multi-disciplinary team approach helps our patients achieve lasting weight-loss that:
- Reduces life-threatening risk factors
- Improves self-esteem
- Enhances daily living
UI Obesity Surgery services include:
- Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass (LRYGB)
- Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy (LSG)
- Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Banding (LAGB)
Our patients typically achieve results that exceed the national averages. We attribute these results to:
- The surgery staff includes some of the most qualified laparoscopic bariatric surgeons in the nation
- UI Hospitals and Clinics is one of the pioneering institutions to offer laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass
- We continue as a pioneer using the laparoscopic adjustable gastric band technology in appropriate cases
- Our program is consistently recognized for excellence by several independent associations and organizations, including the renown American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS), which
renewed our accreditation status for their national Bariatric Surgery
Center of Excellence (BSCOE) Program until 2016
Is Obesity Surgery for You?
If you're between the ages of 18 and 60, are more than 100 pounds overweight, have a BMI score of 35+, and suffer from any obesity-related health issues, bariatric surgery offers a way to take back your life.
Bariatric surgery could be a solution if you feel ready to commit to the following:
- a consistent exercise program
- long-term dietary changes that include vitamin and mineral supplements
- counseling and follow-up care
Not every obese person qualifies for gastric bypass surgery. Patients must have severe obesity and/or have associated medical problems and meet specific qualifications.