UI Health Care is holding a December 7 event in Muscatine for Iowans who need to find a health insurance option that is affordable and meets their needs.
Join enrollment experts who can walk you through the insurance enrollment process, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. December 7 at UI Health Care–Muscatine, 3465 Mulberry Avenue, Muscatine.
UI Health Care also has a hotline staffed by experts in the enrollment process. If you have any questions, contact us at 319-356-2208.
By signing up before the December 23, 2013 deadline, you and your family will have guaranteed health insurance coverage in 2014.
Who should attend the Muscatine event?
- Individuals who receive their insurance coverage through Medicaid can choose their primary care doctor.
- Individuals who currently receive coverage through the IowaCare program and need to sign up for new health insurance on the Iowa Insurance Exchange.
- Individuals who currently receive coverage through the IowaCare Program and have been assigned a primary care doctor but want to change that assignment.
- Individuals who are self-insured or uninsured can compare coverages on the Iowa Insurance Exchange and select their insurance type and their primary care doctor.
What to bring to the event?
Coordinators of the event urge participants to bring:
- Your social security number
- Employer and income information for all the members of your household who need coverage
- Policy numbers for any current health insurance plans covering members of your household
- A completed Employer Coverage Tool available for completion on www.healthcare.gov.