Get To Know Your Heart
February 9, 2012
University of Iowa Heart and Vascular Center, the American Heart Association, and Rockwell Collins have teamed up to host “Get To Know Your Heart,” a free community event.
Date: Thursday, February 23
Time: 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Location: Rockwell Collins Recreation Center, 400 Collins Road NE, Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Our program includes:
- Free screenings to detect your risks and early signs of heart disease
- Blood pressure
- Heart rate check
- Body mass index (BMI)
- Cardiologist’s Corner: Have your heart questions answered by a UI Heart and Vascular Center cardiologist
- Cooking for Cardio: Demonstrations, samples, and tips from Sandy Holterhaus, Registered Dietitian with Rockwell Collins
- New Advances in Heart Health: Meet the physicians who perform the latest heart treatments, including catheterization through the wrist, minimally invasive heart surgery, and the first total artificial heart implant in Iowa.
- Information and resources from American Heart Association
Registration for this free event is recommended. Register online or by calling 319-335-8886 or 877-MED-IOWA.