University of Iowa Heart and Vascular Center, the American Heart Association, and Rockwell Collins have teamed up to host “Get To Know Your Heart,” a free community event.
Date: Thursday, February 23
Time: 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Location: Rockwell Collins Recreation Center, 400 Collins Road NE, Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Our program includes:
- Free screenings to detect your risks and early signs of heart disease
- Blood pressure
- Heart rate check
- Body mass index (BMI)
- Cardiologist’s Corner: Have your heart questions answered by a UI Heart and Vascular Center cardiologist
- Cooking for Cardio: Demonstrations, samples, and tips from Sandy Holterhaus, Registered Dietitian with Rockwell Collins
- New Advances in Heart Health: Meet the physicians who perform the latest heart treatments, including catheterization through the wrist, minimally invasive heart surgery, and the first total artificial heart implant in Iowa.
- Information and resources from American Heart Association
Registration for this free event is recommended. Register online or by calling 319-335-8886 or 877-MED-IOWA.